Chelsea’s 3-0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday extended their unbeaten run to 18 games in all competitions.
Tottenham Hotspur lost their first Premier League game of the season, 3-0 to Chelsea on Saturday.
Chelsea has won all three of their Premier League away meetings against Tottenham Hotspur this season.
Chelsea extended their undefeated Premier League record to five games with a merited victory against Tottenham Hotspur.
The visitors looked like a different side after the break, scoring three second-half goals at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, after registering no attempts on target in the first half.
Thiago Silva headed past Hugo Lloris from Marcos Alonso’s corner four minutes after the restart to give the Blues the lead.
N’Golo Kante scored a second half replacement goal, his first in 49 league games, but his long-range attempt was deflected by Eric Dier.
In injury time, Antonio Rudiger hit the bottom corner to seal the victory.
Spurs had a strong start and were the superior team in the first half, while Nuno Espirito Santo’s side only managed two attempts on target during the game and failed to respond after falling behind.
As the Blues had 10 second-half attempts on target, Silva, Alonso, Rudiger, Romelu Lukaku, and Timo Werner all came close, but Lloris saved them all.
Chelsea, along with Liverpool and Manchester United, are one of just three Premier League teams not to lose this season.
The win puts the Blues in a tie for first place with Jurgen Klopp’s side.
Before the game, both clubs paid homage to Jimmy Greaves, who played for both teams and died at the age of 81.
Two Parts of a Story
In his post-match interview, Thomas Tuchel said that he was “absolutely not pleased” with his team’s first-half performance, and whatever he said at halftime obviously worked.
Tottenham 0-3 Chelsea: In the second half, a lot of things went wrong – Nuno
Mason Mount had Chelsea’s greatest opportunity in the opening 45 minutes after regaining the ball in his own half and running the length of the pitch, but the England midfielder scuffed his shot from six yards out after playing a one-two with Lukaku.
Chelsea’s system was altered by Mount’s departure at half-time, and the arrival of Kante was the spark for Chelsea’s dominating second-half performance.
After the interval, Chelsea were clearly the superior side, and two minutes after the restart, a beautiful pass from Silva found Alonso, but Hugo Lloris deflected his goal-bound shot over.
Despite their win against Spurs, Tuchel wants Chelsea to improve.
Soon after, Alonso returned the favor with a superb corner ball that found the Brazilian, who soared over Dele Alli to head home the opening.
Tuchel’s team had a strong hold on the game when Kante’s long-range attempt took a huge deflection from Eric Dier and went in off the post 12 minutes into the second half.
Chelsea had the most shots on target in a Premier League encounter this season, with all ten coming in the second half against Tottenham.
Lloris was arguably Spurs’ finest player as he maintained a reasonable scoreline, but he was defeated for the third time when Rudiger was found out in the area by replacement Werner, who allowed the German to smash the ball into the bottom left corner.
Tuchel will be pleased that his team was able to win so comfortably without the help of his attackers.
The German said that his squad isn’t at its best yet, sending a strong message to the teams anticipated to challenge for the championship in May.
Spurs’ Goalkeeping Continues To Be a Problem
Spurs have now lost back-to-back 3-0 losses in the Premier League after winning their first three games. They have only scored one goal from open play all season.
Spurs began the game full of enthusiasm and displayed their offensive intent from the first whistle, after a tough Europa Conference League tie against Rennes on Thursday.
Nuno’s team was boosted by the return of Son Heung-min, who had been out for two games due to a calf injury.
Spurs’ early opportunities were largely down to the South Korean, who also had the lone shot on target in the first half.
Son beat Alonso after being put in by Giovani Lo Celso, but his shot was stopped by Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga, who was off his line.
Chelsea, on the other hand, were tenacious and tough to break down. It was one-way traffic after the interval as Chelsea surged into the game and a lifeless Spurs team looked sluggish after falling down.
Harry Kane was kept quiet and limited to only two opportunities, and he seemed confused at the top of the field on many occasions. It’s the first time the England striker has gone without a goal in his opening four Premier League outings since 2015-16.
Match Player of the Year
Thiago Silva is a Brazilian footballer. Thiago Silva is a Brazilian footballer.
- The 6th squad Name of the player Thiago Silva is a Brazilian footballer.
- Squad No. 29 Name of the player Havertz
- Kanté Kanté Kanté Kanté Kanté Kanté Kanté Kanté Kanté Kanté Kanté Kanté Kan
- Number two squad Rüdiger is the name of the player.
- Three-man squad Alonso is the name of the player.
- Eighth squad Kovacic is the name of the player.
- Number four squad Christensen is the name of the player.
- Five-man squad Jorginho is the name of the player.
- Lukaku is the number nine player in the squad.
- The eleventh squad Werner is the name of the player.
- Number one squad Arrizabalaga is the name of the player.
- Squad number19Name of the player Mount
12Junior Leite de Souza4Romero15Dier3Reguilón12Leite de Souza Junior4Romero15Dier3Reguilón
Heung-Min Heung-Min Heung-Min Heung-Min Heung-Min He
- 12Leite de Souza Junior
- At 83’minutes, 4Romero was substituted by D Sánchez.
- 62’minutes: 28NdombeleSubstituted forSkippat
- 18Lo Celso 62’minutesLo Celso 62’minutesLo Celso 62’minutesLo Celso 62’minutesLo Celso
- Heung-Min Heung-Min Heung-Min Heung-Min Heung-Min He
- Sánchez, 6D
4Christensen6 Rüdiger Rüdiger Rüdiger Rüdiger Rüdiger Rüdiger R
- 6Thiago Silva is a Brazilian footballer.
- At 45’minutes, 19Mount was substituted by Kanté.
- 29Havertz 70’minutes substituted for Wernerrat Scheduled for 80 minutes
Paul Tierney is the official referee.
- Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 3 is the final score.
- Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 3 at the conclusion of the second half.
- Chelsea is at a crossroads. Oliver Skipp made the concession.
- Attempt was thwarted. Chelsea’s right-footed effort from the right side of the area is stopped by Romelu Lukaku. Marcos Alonso assisted.
- Goal! Chelsea 3, Tottenham Hotspur 0. Chelsea’s Antonio Rüdiger hits the bottom left corner with a right-footed effort from the middle of the area. Following a corner, Timo Werner assisted.
- Chelsea is at a crossroads. Hugo Lloris conceded.
- The attempt has been saved. Right-footed shot from the left side of the six yard box by Mateo Kovacic (Chelsea) is saved in the bottom left corner. Romelu Lukaku provided the assist.
- Chelsea’s Marcos Alonso earns a free kick in the defensive half.
- Bryan Gil commits a foul (Tottenham Hotspur).
- Attempt was thwarted. The left footed attempt from the middle of the box by Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku is stopped. Jorginho was a big help.
- The attempt has been saved. Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku’s header from the middle of the box is saved in the goal. Antonio Rüdiger assisted with a cross.
- Jorginho commits a foul (Chelsea).
- Tottenham Hotspur’s Pierre-Emile Hjbjerg is awarded a free kick in the attacking half.
- Tottenham Hotspur has made a substitution. Cristian Romero is replaced by Davinson Sánchez.
- Attempt was thwarted. The left footed attempt from the middle of the box by Marcos Alonso (Chelsea) is stopped.
- Attempt was thwarted. The left footed shot by Marcos Alonso (Chelsea) from the left side of the box is stopped.
- The attempt has been saved. Chelsea’s Timo Werner’s right-footed effort from the middle of the area is saved in the goal. N’Golo Kanté assisted with a through ball.
- Chelsea’s Timo Werner receives a yellow card for a nasty foul.
- Timo Werner is called for a foul (Chelsea).
- Tottenham Hotspur’s Bryan Gil is awarded a free kick in the defensive half.
- Your Premier League club’s coverage is larger and better than ever before, so here’s everything you need to know to make sure you don’t miss a thing.